|1975||LLB, Hitotsubashi University, Law Faculty Entered the Legal Training and Research Institute (29th graduating class)|
|1977||Admitted to the bar (Daiichi Tokyo Bar Association)|
|1994-1997||Supreme Court Legal Training and Research Institute, Professor|
|2007-2008||Vice-President of Daiichi Tokyo Bar Association|
|2009-2010||Vice-President of Kanto Federation of Bar Associations|
|2010-2011||Chairman of Japan Federation of Bar Associations Judicially Training Committee|
|2012-||Member of Supreme Court Legal Judicially Training Committee|
Main Areas of Practice
Yasuhiko Ikubo's practice covers corporate law as well as a wide range of civil and commercial law including intellectual property law, corporate business rehabilitation and bankruptcy law, compliance and advice and guidance on management of shareholder meetings. Along with providing advice and guidance to many corporations on legal issues concerning corporate activities and management, he has experience as a litigator in large scale of corporate lawsuits such as environmental pollution suits, drug harm suites, product liability suits. He handles more and more matters of corporate restructuring such as M&A.
Yasuhiko Ikubo's main areas of practice:
・Intellectual property rights litigation including patent, trademark and unfair competition law
・Legal advisory services for M&A etc.
・Advice and guidance on compliance systems, drafting and maintenance of corporate governance
・Representative of corporations in various lawsuits over drug harm, environmental pollution, product liability, lender liability for financial institutions etc.
・Trustee of reorganization company and litigation company; Lead counsel for debtor;
Examiner for civil rehabilitation company
・Advice and guidance on management of shareholder meetings
・Debt collections for financial institutions
Main Publications and Articles
- "Corporate Risk Management Guidebook"
- "Lectures on Practice for Corporate Governance and Compliance" (author and editor)
- "Corporate Activities and Economic Crimes" (author and editor)
- "The Case of the Sogo Group Turnaround - Civil Rehabilitation Procedures as Applied to Major Corporations" (Published in the Quarterly Journal of Credit Management No. 96)
- "Causes and Prevention Strategy for Corporate Scandals" (Published in Comparative Legal Culture No. 7)
- "Individual Civil Liability of Former Managers" (Published in "The Essence of Corporate Rebuilding")